I've been discussing with just_ann_now (who actually posts the reviews anywhere beside the MEFA website) about how we can best handle this. And she and I agree: we want some more opinions of what people actually want. So: please fill out the following poll with your opinions. While we won't simply do whatever the majority wants --the other volunteers and I weigh majority opinion along with other factors when making any decision-- we truly do want to know what you prefer.
1. MEFA reviews are always available on the MEFA website. Should they be posted anywhere else in addition to the MEFA website?
2. How important is it that the reviews themselves be posted at the MEFAwards Yahoo group?
(Poll will be open until next Sunday, September 6.)
A few quick "P.S."'s:
1. Until this poll closes next Sunday, we will post reviews at this LJ, and there will be a weekly "round-up" post will be made to MEFAwards containing links to the LJ posts. (This is the kind of thing meant by answer "b" to question "2" below.) If the majority want something else, we'll consider changing how reviews are posted after the first week, once the poll results are in.
2. Whatever is decided in this poll, it won't change the fact that you can still read reviews at the MEFA website. This poll only deals with how reviews are posted to other sites like this LJ community and the MEFAwards group.
3. Comments are open, but that is not an open invitation to debate this issue. They're open so that non-LJ members can have their say. If you don't have an LJ please make a comment saying what option you'd choose if you were able to complete the poll. If you do have an LJ account, please fill out the poll rather than commenting.
Marta (MEFA Admin.)